Sunday, October 08, 2006

WTC and the Kids of the World

Its Sunday, and yeah, it was a busy weekend..been studying finnish, writing my thesis and doing some
homework. So today I decided to chill out and I went to the movies to see this WTC movie.  Was expecting something more dramatic, but it was ok.

These kind of movies always make me think about if I am prepared, or if I could, be able to help others in a more direct way: for example, a paramedic, a doctor, a fireman, they all help out people directly.  I study and work in Business and Sales...obviously, I must think hard to find a meaning in what I do.

I must say though, and I have said this to not more than a handful or persons (less than 5, I think) that I am committed, in the long run, to work and do a direct impact on orphan kids.  I don't know exactly how, or when, but I figured I will take it step by step.  There are these programs in which you can help kids to get an education by providing them funds.  Will be researching more about this since I want to find a way to help the honduran orphans.

Although a kid is a kid, I see that the atenttion is always focused on the big countries or regions: Africa, Brazil and stuff....so,  since I'm a Honduran, I might as well look after my own country's kids.  My father has been working with kids as well, and myself, I adopted a kid when I was in high school (part of a social service we all had to do).

I guess I have 2 persons that inspired me, which I know personally very well, dad of course and Sanni, a finnish close friend of mine that has adopted an african kid: I admire their compassion. Can you imagine, if all of us adopted one kid?  That would definitely be an impact:)

I still think that giving money to poor governments is not the way to go, you are just making those countries more dependent on foreign aid...its the case for many african countries and other cys around the world.  As it was said before: give a man a fish, and he will go hungry the next day, teach a man how to fish, and he will never be hungry (assuming, of course, that he doesn't overfish, and causes the fish to go extinct...there, here is my sarcasm showing its black-toothed grin).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was mentioned in your second post already, yay!

If someone's reading this and wants to help an African kid to get some education, go to www.autalastasambiassa.tk. This is the program through which I am sponsoring my Sambian girl, who now has the chance to go to school for only 20 euros a year.

And congratulations to your newborn blog, Andres :)

~Sanni~